A 22-year-old from Crayford has become the eight person to be charged by police after cocaine with an estimated street value of £1 million was seized in Chessington.
Ten kilograms of the Class A substance was found inside a vehicle stopped by Kent Police in the Chessington area of Surrey on July 30, 2020.
By September, seven men (listed below) had been charged with conspiring to supply a Class A substance.
Billy Wray, of Ridge Way, Crayford in Bexley, was arrested at Luton Airport on October 7 as part of continuing enquiries.
The 22-year-old has since been charged with conspiring to supply cocaine and has been remanded in custody to appear at Medway Magistrates’ Court on 8 October.
The other seven suspects are:
- Tony Curant, 29, of London Road, Swanley;
- Daniel Hawksbee, 37, of Ashen Drive, Dartford;
- Ivan Mpaka, 32, of Meadow View Road, Sydenham;
- Mark Lazarus, 55, of Nightingale Vale, Woolwich;
- Colin Mugalu, 39, of Havelock Road, Greenhithe;
- Simon Kambagu, 32, of Sun Court, Erith;
- Robbie Dunn, 25, of Hilltop Gardens, Dartford.
Mugalu, Mpaka, Kambagu and Dunn have all been remanded in custody, ahead of an appearance at Woolwich Crown Court on a date to be determined.
The other defendants have been released on bail and will appear at the same future court hearing.